Practical Guide to the Care of the Geriatric Patient, 3rd Edition
Practical Guide Series
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
If you need a practical, portable resource to get you through the day-to-day management of older patients, Practical Guide to the Care of the Geriatric Patient is the answer! It zeroes in on the differential diagnoses, clinical findings, lab values, and treatment guidelines you need...and makes them easy to access quickly!
New to This Edition
- Over 40 new topics included in 3rd edition, including the latest information on insomnia, restless leg syndrome, wound care, gout, hip fracture, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, the elderly driver, multicultural geriatric care, and more . . .
- New appendices added for functional assessment and mini-cog assessment.
- New wipe-clean cover will protect the book from frequent use on the wards!
- The latest clinical information on all facets of caring for the older patient, from assessment and health maintenance through to geriatric rehabilitation and socioeconomic and legal issues, helps you provide effective, state-of-the-art care.
- A comprehensive chapter on optimal pharmacotherapy helps you select the best treatment options and avoid adverse drug interactions for each patient.
- Authoritative guidance on house calls, respite care, nursing home care, and hospice care and pain management enhances the quality of life for your patients.
- Helpful treatment algorithms, graphs, comparative tables, appendices, and more, streamline patient management.
By Tom J. Wachtel, MD, Professor of Community Health and Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI; President, Rhode Island Medical Directors Association; and Marsha D. Fretwell, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Community Health, Brown University Program in Medicine, Providence, RI; Physician-in-Charge, Division of Geriatrics, Rhode Island Hospital