Human Histology, 3rd Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
The only book available that focuses strictly on human tissuesTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Human Histology is a well-established textbook, combining a superb layout and illustration program with concise, student friendly text. Clinical scenarios in each chapter link the basic science to clinical practice, making histology stimulating and relevant to current medical students. Other pedagogical features include 'advanced concept' and 'practical histology'sections, making it easy for the reader to dip in to these subjects without being overwhelmed with material. The new edition has been thoroughly updated with the latest information in molecular biology, a new chapter on histological investigations, extra clinical information and even better images. It will also have a related revision site on Flesh and Bones, including exam questions and an image test bank.
- Uses an easy-to-read writing style and well-designed, full-color layout to present of all histology's need-to-know content.
- Features over 870 clear, full-color illustrations, electromicrographs, and photomicrographs highlighting histological concepts and recognition of microscopic structures.
- Sets off the key laboratory, clinical, and high-level scientific material in boxes for easier access.
- Access to the complete text and illustrations of this book.
- Integration links to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles.
- Content clipping for your handheld.
- An interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources.
Your purchase of this book entitles you to access www.studentconsult.com at no extra charge. This innovative web site offers you...
- New introductory chapter on histological investigations. Readers can immediately see the relevance of histology to clinical practice.
- Text updated to include the latest advances in molecular biology. The book is up to date in the latest research
- Clinical material updated and expanded. Book made more relevant and attractive to medical students
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter. Ensures that readers recognise the key material for each chapter, and follows an educational approach being increasingly adopted.
- Extra revision features for Flesh and Bones website. Attractive and interactive revision tools for exam-conscious students
By Alan Stevens, MBBS, FRCPath, Senior Lecturer in Pathology, University of Nottingham Medical School and Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen's Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK; and James S. Lowe, BMedSci, BMBS, DM, FRCPath, Professor of Neuropathology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen's Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK