Development, Education, and Administration
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Written by a multidisciplinary panel of experts, this comprehensive text and reference presents a fundamental understanding of all aspects of parish nursing. Divided into three units - Development, Education, and Administration - it provides in-depth information essential to understanding the ministry of a parish nursing practice, addresses the core interventions used by parish nurses, and applies recent research findings to their roles and functions. The integration of spirituality and health is described and core interventions used by parish nurses are addressed in the context of the standardized languages of NANDA, NIC, and NOC. This is the only text in Parish Nursing that addresses the role of the parish nurse administrator and includes suggested policies and procedures as well as recommendations for competency development for parish nurses.Table of Contents
- Editors are pioneers and experts in parish nursing, resulting in cutting-edge knowledge balanced with historical perspective.
- Provides information on how to develop and administer a parish nursing program, focusing on the responsibilities of a parish nursing coordinator at the congregational level.
- Discusses the educational preparation necessary for parish nurses.
- Presents the role development and core functions of parish nurses.
- The latest information and research on parish nursing and pastoral care.
- Integration of religion, spirituality, and health that transcends the boundaries of specific denominations.
- Addresses core interventions used by parish nurses in the context of the standardized languages of NANDA, NIC, and NOC.
By Phyllis Ann Solari-Twadell, PhD, RN, MPA, FAAN, Loyola University - Chicago, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, Lake Shore Campus, Chicago, IL, USA; and Mary Ann McDermott, EdD, RN, FAAN, Loyola University - Chicago, Lake Shore Campus, Chicago, IL, USA