Treating Articulation and Phonological Disorders in Children
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This comprehensive, groundbreaking book is an ideal companion to textbooks that focus on the theories behind articulation and phonological disorders but with little or no coverage of treatment options. It provides treatment strategies not only for the many sound system disorders with unknown etiologies, but also for those known to be caused by a structural, sensory, or neurological problem. It also discusses treatment for disorders caused by residual problems from early childhood. What sets this book apart is the inclusion of practical, step-by-step treatment strategies for ALL potential causes beyond those of unknown origin.Table of Contents
- A logical organization first discusses a framework for basic treatment and follows with chapters on treatment strategies for specific sound system disorders, relating treatment strategies to the disorder's cause.
- Step-by-step instructions summarize the implementation of treatment strategies, providing a quick and easy reference tool.
- An evidence-based focus uses the best of both classic and recent literature to present the most effective treatment models and strategies.
- Case studies accompany discussions of specific treatment strategies, presenting detailed case histories followed by author commentary.
- Research Notes emphasize evidence-based practice by highlighting significant contributions to the treatment of sound system disorders.
- Chapter objectives include specific learning goals, helping to focus attention on key points and ensure mastery of content.
- Chapter outlines provide an overview of content and help in locating specific information.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and discussed within the text.
- An Evolve® website includes a 200-question test bank for exams or practice quizzes, a full-color collection of drawings and images from the book for use in presentations, and a searchable bibliography of all chapter references — simplifying research by providing Medline links to specific journal articles.
By Dennis M. Ruscello, PhD, Professor of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown; Adjunct Professor of Otolaryngology, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV