Introduction to Splinting, 3rd Edition
A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$85.95|
The third edition of Introduction to Splinting: A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach helps readers master the basic theory, principles, and techniques of splinting needed for clinical practice. Using a combination textbook/workbook format, it integrates theory and technical knowledge with hands-on learning features that equip readers with essential clinical knowledge, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills associated with splinting.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Content has been updated to include new research and techniques, current trends, and new information sources.
- Lists of key terms for each chapter help familiarize the reader with relevant terminology.
- Two new case studies have been added to each chapter, strengthening the book's clinical application focus.
- Companion CD contains video clips demonstrating how to fabricate specific splints.
- Four new chapters cover topics such as occupation-based splinting, tools, processes, and techniques of splinting, and splints for the elbow, shoulder, and fingers.
- Chapters are divided into three units: splinting foundations; splints for conditions and populations; and topics related to splinting.
- A new appendix directs readers to helpful online resources and vendors.
- Comprehensive coverage presents the fundamentals of splinting that a therapist needs to know.
- Self-quizzes, case studies, and lab exercises help readers bridge the gap between learning and practice and apply what they've learned to real-life situations.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, and review questions highlights specific information that the reader can expect to learn from each chapter.
- Combined textbook/workbook format reinforces information as it is learned and encourages practical application of concepts.
By Brenda M. Coppard, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Occupational Therapy, Creighton University, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Omaha, NE, USA; and Helene Lohman, MA, OTD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy, Creighton University, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Omaha, NE, USA