Real World Community Health Nursing, 2nd Edition
An Interactive CD-ROM
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This CD-ROM provides 40 interactive exercises about 12 fundamental community health nursing topics, such as epidemiology, community as client, environmental health, and disaster management. A variety of activities and features such as case studies, video clips, crossword puzzles, website links, matching games, and simulations provide compelling, interactive, and challenging "real world" learning opportunities.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A new Disaster Management section addresses important topics in this area.
- Two new mathematical exercises in the Epidemiology section provide students with more practice in a difficult area for many students.
- One new exercise in Economics of Health Care Delivery section gives more emphasis to a complicated topic.
- Two new website exercises in the Environmental Health section addresses a key area that is becoming more important in planning care for community issues.
- Healthy People 2010 content incorporates the most up-to-date information about this federal health initiative.
- Improved design and functionality makes the 2nd edition of the CD-ROM even easier to use.
- All website URLs and all data and references are updated ensuring accurate and timely links.
- 40 exercises cover key topics in community and public health nursing.
- 12 core concepts of community and public health nursing are thoroughly addressed.
- More than 50 weblinks take students directly to relevant health care sites to answer questions and solve problems.
- A glossary of key terms and phrases clarifies important terminology in community health
- 13 tools commonly used in community and public health nursing can be printed to supplement the exercises.
By Patty J. Hale, RN, FNP-C, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Nursing, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, VA
Windows 2000: Windows ®
2000, or XP
450* MHz Intel Pentium II processor or greater
64 MB or more of installed RAM
30 MB free hard disk space
2X or faster CD-ROM drive
800 x 600 monitor or larger
True Color display recommended
* Performance may be sluggish with processor speeds below 750 MHz.
Macintosh OS X: Macintosh ®
MAC OS 10.3 or later operating system
64 MB RAM
At least an 800x600 pixels screen resolution