High Risk Obstetrics
The Requisites in Obstetrics & Gynecology
This volume in the Requisites in Obstetrics and Gynecologic series offers expert guidance in the assessment and management of high-risk pregnancies. Inside you’ll find coverage of antepartum care, complications, medical complications of pregnancy, fetal disorders, fetal surveillance, intrapartum complications, and puerperal disorders. It delivers all of this essential information in the proven “high-yield” Requisites format—equipping you to master the material quickly. Perfect for quick review and exam preparation, this is one resource you’ll consult over and over again!
- Covers maternal/family history of cardiac disease, hypertension, preeclampsia, diabetes (both pre-gestational and gestational types), infectious diseases, and many more important topics.
- Follows a logical, consistent chapter format to facilitate quick and easy reference.
- Offers abundant tables that present differential diagnoses, lab values / radiologic studies, treatment / therapy recommendations, and guidance on when to refer to a specialist.
- Presents thought-provoking clinical scenarios to help you determine the best course of action in situations where there are controversies concerning the standard of care.
- Features a wealth of illustrations that make details clearer.
- Includes highlighted boxes that emphasize relevant case studies • key points of each section • current controversies • and other important information.
"It does an excellent job of detailing complicated medical issues in an approach that is both readable and understandable. This is a recommended book for those interested in complex obstetrical care, especially at the training level." - Doody's
By Edmund F. Funai, MD, Co-Chief, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT; Mark Evans, MD, President, Fetal Medicine Foundation of America; Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY; and Charles J. Lockwood, MD, Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT