This volume in the Requisites in Pediatrics series offers expert guidance in the assessment and treatment of gastroenterological disorders commonly encountered in clinical practice. It delivers all the information you need in the proven "high-yield" Requisites format - equipping you to master the material quickly. Perfect for quick review and exam preparation, this is one resource you'll consult over and over again!Table of Contents
- Follows a logical, consistent chapter format to facilitate quick and easy reference.
- Offers abundant tables that present differential diagnoses, lab values / radiologic studies, treatment / therapy recommendations, and guidance on when to refer to a specialist.
- Presents thought-provoking clinical scenarios to help you determine the best course of action in situations where there are controversies concerning the standard of care.
- Features a wealth of illustrations that make details clearer.
- Includes highlighted boxes that emphasize relevant case studies · key points of each section · current controversies · and other important information.
By Chris A. Liacouras, MD, Director of Pediatric Endoscopy, Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA; and David A. Piccoli, MD, Chief, Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Co-Director, Biesecker Center for Pediatric Liver Disease, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA