Mosby's Emergency Nursing Reference, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
A must-have for anyone working in the ED - this handy, pocket-sized resource provides practical, easy-to-locate information for knowledgeable, efficient emergency nursing care. It includes complete assessment information for determining care priorities, coverage of 22 common clinical conditions, and 37 procedures outlined in a clear, step-by-step format. Tables, algorithms, formulas, and assessment guidelines offer convenient access to critical data.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Additional material includes a new reference guide on safety in the ED, a new section on triage, and a new chapter on chemical, radiation and biologic exposure.
- Nursing Care Priority tables within clinical chapters highlight the most common diagnoses for a particular clinical condition and present possible causes, signs and symptoms, and interventions.
- 9 new procedures have been added: Advanced airway management; Airway suctioning; Capillary blood sampling; Decontamination of a patient; External jugular intravenous access; Nebulizer treatment; Pediatric IM medication administration; Sedation for procedures; and Visual acuity.
- Alphabetical organization makes information easy to reference.
- Age-specific considerations provide pediatric and geriatric information.
- Nursing Alerts highlight crucial considerations for ED personnel.
By Julia Fultz, RN, BSN, CEN, CFRN, Flight Nurse, University of Kentucky Air Medical Service, Lexington, Kentucky; and Patty Ann Sturt, RN, MSN, CEN, Staff Development Specialist, Department of Nursing Staff Development, University of Kentucky Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky