Mosby's Emergency & Transport Nursing Examination Review, 4th Edition
This valuable study resource provides a thorough, comprehensive review for the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) exam - and it's the only review book that also helps readers prepare for the Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) and Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C) exams. No other resource provides both a review of content as well as over 1,400 questions and a CD-ROM with 3 practice tests. Each chapter features questions with answers and rationales for every question - explaining the "why" behind every answer. Packed with all the essential information needed for a complete review, it includes a new section on critical care, a new chapter on bioterrorism, and new content on conscious sedation issues, RSI, airway management, and safety training. The Transport section now includes new content on CAMTS standards and transport operations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New guidelines and medications currently being used for BLS, ACLS, and PALS are discussed.
- New chapters have been added on Invasive Interventions, Pharmacology, Invasive Monitoring, Bioterrorism, CAMTS Standards, and Transport Operations.
- Updated and expanded content addresses emerging infectious diseases, CISM for emergency and transport staff, CAMTS standards and transport operations, conscious sedation issues, RSI, airway management, safety training, and age-related changes and differences (pediatric and geriatric).
- Over 1,400 questions with rationales and references offer excellent preparation for the CEN, CFRN, and FP-C exams.
- A practice CD-ROM includes 3 sample exams with answers and rationales, and automatic grading helps users assess their mastery of the material.
- A content outline of must-know topics is provided, followed by practice questions, answers, rationales, and references.
By Renee' S. Holleran, RN, PhD, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, SANE, Clinical Manager, Emergency Department, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics, Salt Lake City, Utah