Differential Diagnosis in Dermatology
This new text delivers everything readers need to know to diagnose more than 160 dermatological disorders. It's an invaluable guide to dermatologic diagnosis from world-renowned experts in the field.Table of Contents
- Covers all the information readers need to perform a clinical consultation.
- Contains over 700 color clinical photographs.
- A list of differential diagnoses for each disorder, progressing from most to least common.
- Information on symptom evalutation, regional distribution on the body, common tests and associated systemic diseases, plus treatment pearls from the expert authors.
- Features the expertise of Dr. Boni E. Elewski, a world-renowned expert and President of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Doody's Rating: * * * *
I liked the succinctness of the diagnostic possibilities, the accurate clinical descriptions of the lesions of various skin diseases, and the quality of the photographs. The authors have thoughtfully labeled the sides of the pages for easy referencing as well as the traditional title heads on the upper page. The page number where one can look up other entities when they are mentioned in a particular context help save time. An appendix defines syndromes usually referred to by eponyms. The finer points of distinguishing similar conditions from each other are not covered, but this is a good starting point for demystifying all the different skin eruptions that can occur in some logical fashion. The book is a good value for the price.
This will join other handy pocketbooks, such as Habif's atlases as a helpful tool in diagnosing common skin disorders.
Weighted Numerical Score: 92
By Boni E. Elewski, MD, President of the American Academy of Dermatology; Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham; Lauren Hughey, Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham; and Margaret E. Parsons, MD, University of California at Dvis Medical Center, Department of Dermatology; Associate Clinical Professor, Dermatology Consultants of Sacramento, Sacramento, CA