Herb, Nutrient, and Drug Interactions
Clinical Implications and Therapeutic Strategies
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
Presenting detailed, evidence-based coverage of the most commonly encountered therapeutic agents in modern clinical practice, this resource is designed to help you safely and effectively integrate herbal, nutrient, and drug therapy for your patients or clients. Combining pharmaceuticals with herbs or supplements may complement or interfere with a drug’s therapeutic action or may increase adverse effects. Additionally, drug-induced depletion of nutrients can occur. Comprehensive clinical data, quick-reference features, and the insight and expertise of trusted authorities help you gain a confident understanding of how herbal remedies and nutritional supplements interact with pharmaceuticals and develop safe, individualized treatment strategies for your patients.Table of Contents
- More than 60 comprehensive monographs of herb-drug and nutrient-drug interactions cover the most commonly used herbs and nutrients in health-related practice and help you coordinate safe, reliable therapy.
- Each herb and nutrient monograph features summary tables and concise, practical suggestions that provide quick and easy reference and complement the systematic review and in-depth analysis.
- References included on the bound-in CD provide high-quality, evidence-based support.
- Unique icons throughout the text differentiate interactions, evidence, and clinical significance.
- Up-to-date information keeps you current with the latest developments in pharmacology, nutrition, phytotherapy, biochemistry, genomics, oncology, hematology, naturopathic medicine, Chinese medicine, and other fields.
- A diverse team of authoritative experts lends valuable, trans-disciplinary insight.
“This is certainly one of the best books around to discuss the complex area of interactions”
Complementary Medicine, March / April 2009
By Mitchell Bebel Stargrove, ND, LAc, Founder/Developer, IBIS: The Integrative BodyMind Information System; President, MedicineWorks.com/Health Resources Unlimited, Inc., Beaverton, OR, USA; Jonathan Treasure, MA, MNIMH, RH (AHG), MCPP, Centre for Natural Healing, Ashland, OR, USA; and Dwight L. McKee, MD, Diplomate, American Boards of Internal Medicine,
Medical Oncology and Hematology, Aptos, CA, USA