Herb, Nutrient, and Drug Interactions
Clinical Implications and Therapeutic Strategies
Understand herb, nutrient, and drug interactions for the safest, most effective clinical outcomes for your patientsTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Detailed and evidence-based, this comprehensive guide presents interactions between drugs and herbs, drugs and nutrients, and selected herbs and nutrients — including foods and dietary factors. The material looks in detail at the mechanisms of interaction and assesses the research available. Extensive references are also provided, and key references are annotated with a descriptive summary of the research and conclusions.
- More than 60 comprehensive monographs of herb-drug and nutrient-drug interactions cover the most commonly used herbs and nutrients in health-related practice and help you coordinate safe, reliable therapy.
- Each herb and nutrient monograph features summary tables and concise, practical suggestions that provide quick and easy reference and complement the systematic review and in-depth analysis.
- References included on the bound-in CD provide high-quality, evidence-based support.
- Unique icons throughout the text differentiate interactions, evidence, and clinical significance.
- Up-to-date information keeps you current with the latest developments in pharmacology, nutrition, phytotherapy, biochemistry, genomics, oncology, hematology, naturopathic medicine, Chinese medicine, and other fields.
- A diverse team of authoritative experts lends valuable, trans-disciplinary insight.
“This is certainly one of the best books around to discuss the complex area of interactions”
Complementary Medicine, March / April 2009
By Mitchell Bebel Stargrove, ND, LAc, Founder/Developer, IBIS: The Integrative BodyMind Information System; President, MedicineWorks.com/Health Resources Unlimited, Inc., Beaverton, OR, USA; Jonathan Treasure, MA, MNIMH, RH (AHG), MCPP, Centre for Natural Healing, Ashland, OR, USA; and Dwight L. McKee, MD, Diplomate, American Boards of Internal Medicine,
Medical Oncology and Hematology, Aptos, CA, USA