Play in Occupational Therapy for Children, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$93.95|
Focused on the importance of play in evaluating and treating children with disabilities, Play in Occupational Therapy for Children, 2nd Edition presents play theories and assessments along with the theories and assessments reached from research conducted by occupational therapists and occupational scientists. This edition also includes five new chapters that reflect the latest developments in the areas of autism, play assessment, play for institutionalized toddlers, school-based play, and play and assistive technology in an early intervention program to provide you with the most up-to-date information available.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A clean two-color format highlights learning points to emphasize important concepts.
- Additional Evolve Resources include video clips for clinical assessment, web links, references, and assessment forms found in the book provide you with additional learning tools.
- Case Studies highlighted in special boxes provide snapshots of real-life situations and solutions to help you apply key concepts in the clinical setting.
- Clinical trials and outcome studies emphasize evidence-based practice.
- Key Terms, Chapter Objectives, and Review Questions help you assess and evaluate what you’ve learned.
By L. Diane Parham, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Chief, Division of Occupational Therapy, Director, Occupational Therapy Graduate Program, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA; and Linda S. Fazio, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA