Electromyography in Clinical Practice, 2nd Edition
A Case Study Approach
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The only case-based guide to electromyography—back in a fully revised and updated New Edition! This practical resource examines how to approach, diagnose, and manage the most commonly encoun-tered disorders in the EMG laboratory. Based on actual cases, it correlates patient history, physical exam, EMG findings, relevant anatomy, treatment, and follow-up to help readers sharpen their clinical problem-solving skills. New cases have been added, and every case includes the latest advances in knowledge and technique.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- 7 new case studies, including Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsy, Ischemic Monomelic Neuropathy, and Myotonic Dystrophy.
- Three new chapters on Nerve Conduction Studies, Needle EMG Examination, and Specialized Procedures.
- Many new and revised figures that clarify complex information.
- Features study questions, answers, and clinical discussions of how experts manage cases to help readers work through the problems presented.
- Summarizes the results of nerve conduction studies and EMG data with standardized tables.
- Includes more than 200 relevant imaging studies and anatomic figures.
- Makes information easy to find with a uniform chapter organization.
- Offers a consistent approach to electromyography based on Dr. Katirji's broad knowledge and clinical experience.
By Bashar Katirji, MD, FACP, Director, Neuromuscular Center & EMG laboratory; Professor of Neurology, The Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH