Clinical Critical Care Medicine
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Comprehensive and clinically oriented, this new text helps you provide the highest standard of care for patients in the ICUin one full-color volume. An international cast of experts offers in-depth, authoritative guidance on clinical problems from a multitude of perspectives. Inside, you'll find a user-friendly format with a consistent organization from chapter to chapter for easy reference, and a bonus CD-ROM containing all of the illustrations from the text for use in PowerPoint slide presentations.Table of Contents
- Offers you the insights and benefits of critical care research being performed outside the U.S.
- Combines practical, clinical guidance with the basic science necessary to effectively treat and manage critical care patients.
- Emphasizes the practice of critical care, including general organ system monitoring and support.
- Covers the wide range of diseases, disorders, and trauma encountered in the ICU.
- Discusses everything from biologic response to stress to mechanical ventilation to problems associated with infectious diseases.
- Includes detailed discussions on the hottest topics in the field, including mechanical ventilation * assessment for weaning * pregnancy-related critical care * and bioterrorism and unusual critical care medicine conditions.
- Uses over 600 full-color illustrations that explain every detail.
- Offers a differential diagnosis table, a management algorithm, a therapeutic implications flowchart, and a controversies box in every clinical disorders chapter.
- Includes a BONUS CD-ROM that lets you download all of the superb full-color illustrations from the book into PowerPoint.
By Richard K. Albert, Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado, Chief, Medical Service, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA; Arthur Slutsky; V. Marco Ranieri; Antoni Torres; and Jukka Takala