Clinical Critical Care Medicine
Comprehensive and clinically oriented, this new text helps you provide the highest standard of care for patients in the ICUin one full-color volume. An international cast of experts offers in-depth, authoritative guidance on clinical problems from a multitude of perspectives. Inside, you'll find a user-friendly format with a consistent organization from chapter to chapter for easy reference, and a bonus CD-ROM containing all of the illustrations from the text for use in PowerPoint slide presentations.Table of Contents
- Offers you the insights and benefits of critical care research being performed outside the U.S.
- Combines practical, clinical guidance with the basic science necessary to effectively treat and manage critical care patients.
- Emphasizes the practice of critical care, including general organ system monitoring and support.
- Covers the wide range of diseases, disorders, and trauma encountered in the ICU.
- Discusses everything from biologic response to stress to mechanical ventilation to problems associated with infectious diseases.
- Includes detailed discussions on the hottest topics in the field, including mechanical ventilation * assessment for weaning * pregnancy-related critical care * and bioterrorism and unusual critical care medicine conditions.
- Uses over 600 full-color illustrations that explain every detail.
- Offers a differential diagnosis table, a management algorithm, a therapeutic implications flowchart, and a controversies box in every clinical disorders chapter.
- Includes a BONUS CD-ROM that lets you download all of the superb full-color illustrations from the book into PowerPoint.
By Richard K. Albert, Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado, Chief, Medical Service, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA; Arthur Slutsky; V. Marco Ranieri; Antoni Torres; and Jukka Takala