Joint Mobilization/Manipulation, 2nd Edition
Extremity and Spinal Techniques
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$84.95|
This highly illustrated text is the only book to include manipulation and mobilization techniques for both spine and extremity. This edition includes a new title that reflects the focus on evidence- based practice as well as more information on the spine, most notably with regard to joint play. Clearly labeled photos show the direction of force in techniques. A companion DVD offers video demonstrating how to perform the major procedures covered in the text.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Evidence-based introductions begin each chapter to provide the latest research and rationalization for specific procedures.
- New information on the examination of joint play, especially in reference to the spine, provides the latest information available.
- Clearly labeled photos show the direction of force on the photographs that show the techniques.
- More information on osteokinematic and arthrokinematic motion, and degrees of freedom, provides perspective on the body planes.
- Better definitions of mobilization and manipulation.
- In the cervical spine chapter, additional mobilization techniques, such as Paris cervical gliding, have been added.
- Grade V (thrust) techniques have been added to the spine chapters
- More muscle energy techniques added to spine chapters
- Companion CD-ROM includes videos of manipulation and mobilization techniques covered in the text.
- Description of joint mobilization, along with pictures, make procedures easy to understand and then perform.
- Unique focus on spine and extremities provides learners with information all in one place.
- Contraindications/precautions and indications included for each joint mobilization help to apply mobilizations to actual clinical situations.