Oncology Nursing Clinical Reference
Designed to keep pace with the many demands and challenges placed upon the oncology and medical-surgical nurse, this handy resource contains "must-know" oncology information in a quick access format. Using a symptom-management approach to oncology nursing, this easy-to-use reference features succinct coverage of common types of cancer, including a chapter on pediatric cancers. The drug information section of the book and appendix features content from the Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2004.Table of Contents
- Practical, clinical information provided in a concise outline format.
- Clear, consistent organization makes information easy to find.
- Topics are listed at the beginning of each chapter with corresponding book pages numbers to facilitate ease of use.
- Written by an experienced practitioner and author.
- Oncologic Emergencies chapter details 12 different emergencies.
- Covers important end-of-life and psychosocial issues with chapters on Hospice & Palliative Care and Grief & Bereavement Issues.
- Includes chapters on support therapies such as Complementary, Alternative, & Herbal Medicine, Hormonal Therapy, and Nutrition.
- Symptom Management chapter helps practitioners identify and share important comfort information with patients.
- Appendix includes the most commonly prescribed chemotherapeutic agents and pain medications for cancer patients.
- Spiral binding allows easy carrying and reference while in a clinical setting.
By Shirley E. Otto, MSN, CRNI, AOCN, Consultant, Formerly Clinical Nurse Specialist, Via Christi Regional Medical Center, St. Francis Campus, Wichita, KS