Oncology Nursing Clinical Reference
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Designed to keep pace with the many demands and challenges placed upon the oncology and medical-surgical nurse, this handy resource contains "must-know" oncology information in a quick access format. Using a symptom-management approach to oncology nursing, this easy-to-use reference features succinct coverage of common types of cancer, including a chapter on pediatric cancers. The drug information section of the book and appendix features content from the Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2004.Table of Contents
- Practical, clinical information provided in a concise outline format.
- Clear, consistent organization makes information easy to find.
- Topics are listed at the beginning of each chapter with corresponding book pages numbers to facilitate ease of use.
- Written by an experienced practitioner and author.
- Oncologic Emergencies chapter details 12 different emergencies.
- Covers important end-of-life and psychosocial issues with chapters on Hospice & Palliative Care and Grief & Bereavement Issues.
- Includes chapters on support therapies such as Complementary, Alternative, & Herbal Medicine, Hormonal Therapy, and Nutrition.
- Symptom Management chapter helps practitioners identify and share important comfort information with patients.
- Appendix includes the most commonly prescribed chemotherapeutic agents and pain medications for cancer patients.
- Spiral binding allows easy carrying and reference while in a clinical setting.
By Shirley E. Otto, MSN, CRNI, AOCN, Consultant, Formerly Clinical Nurse Specialist, Via Christi Regional Medical Center, St. Francis Campus, Wichita, KS