Critical Care Medicine Review and Self-Assessment
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Perfect for review. Ideal for preparing for certification and recertification exams. Here's a comprehensive review of critical care in a question-and-answer format that covers all of the areas addressed on board exams. Single-best-answer or matching questions parallel those used in the exams. For each chapter, five questions focus on important principles of diagnosis and management. In-depth answers and rationales feature additional tables and illustrations to reinforce learning. Page references to Critical Care Medicine: Principles of Diagnosis and Management in the Adult, 2nd Edition, by Joseph E. Parrillo and R. Phillip Dellinger, make in-depth information easy to find. As a stand-alone resource, or in conjunction with Critical Care Medicine, it's the field's best self-assessment resource.Table of Contents
- Uses a question and answer format to review all of the information needed to prepare for certification and recertification exams.
- Models the questions after the single-best-answer or matching questions used on exams.
- Features questions written by a select group of writers experienced in writing board review questions.
- Provides detailed answers and rationales for each question.
- Includes diagrams and tables not available elsewhere.
- Keys answers to specific pages in Critical Care Medicine: Principles of Diagnosis and Management in the Adult, 2nd Edition, making it easy to find more information.
- Organizes the content by organ system.
By Joseph E. Parrillo, MD, James B. Herrick Professor of Medicine, Rush Medical College; Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine; Director, Section of Cardiology; Medical Director, Rush Heart Institute, Chicago, IL; and R. Phillip Dellinger, MD, Professor of Medicine; Director, Section of Critical Care Medicine, Rush Medical Center; Program Director of the Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Training Program, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center and Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL