Baxter's The Foot and Ankle in Sport, 2nd Edition
An injury to the foot and ankle can be devastating to an athlete's performance. Get your patients back to their peak physical condition using authoritative guidance from the only reference book focusing solely on sports-related injuries of the foot and ankle!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Three new chapters on "Problematic Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle," "New Advances in the Treatment of the Foot and Ankle," and "The Principles of Rehabilitation for the Foot and Ankle," deliver more expert knowledge and practice solutions than ever before.
- Expanded chapters guide you through all aspects of treating sports-related injuries of the foot and ankle, from evaluation to rehabilitation.
- Authoritative guidance on athletic evaluation, sports syndromes, anatomic disorders, athletic shoes, orthoses and rehabilitation, and more, provides you with the know-how you need to overcome virtually any challenge you face.
- A chapter focusing on sports and dance equips you to better understand and manage the unique problems of these high-impact activities.
- Comprehensive coverage of rehabilitation of the foot and ankle helps you ease your patients’ concerns regarding return to play.
- International contributors share their expertise and provide you with a global perspective on sports medicine.
- Case studies demonstrate how to approach specific clinical situations and injuries.
"Although the book is a great resource for any physician providing musculoskeletal care, it could also be a useful addition to the library of rehabilitation specialists (athletic training/physical therapy), as well as students or residents in sports medicine."
- Doody Enterprises
"The focus on new treatments and advances in rehabilitation highlighted in this second edition distinguish it from the first edition. The unique inclusion of international perspectives is also much appreciated."
- Doody Enterprises
By David A. Porter, MD, PhD, Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Practice, Methodist Sports Medicine Center, Indianapolis, IN; and Lew C. Schon, MD, Director, Foot & Ankle Services, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD