Fecal & Urinary Diversions
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Dedicated to fecal and urinary diversions, this comprehensive reference book features information on the history of enterostomal therapy, anatomy and physiology of diseases that necessitate intestinal or urinary diversions, pouching system management principles, ostomy related complications, care of the cancer patient as well as the patient with chronic disease, and current trends and issues affecting the person with an ostomy. Current topics covered include intestinal diversions requiring temporary diversions, medical and surgical treatments for inflammatory bowel disease, colo-rectal cancers advances and ischemic intestinal disease. Fecal and Urinary Diversions: Management Principles is a valuable resource to students, nurses, physicians, surgeons, and any health professional caring for a person with an ostomy.Table of Contents
- Covers lifespan considerations to address the special needs of patients of all ages.
- Includes an 8-page color insert with 25 full-color photos illustrating ostomy-related complications to help nurses improve their assessment skills.
- Offers a unique framework for pouch selection to help nurses choose the most effective and cost-conscious options.
- Covers coping and quality-of-life issues to guide nurses in handling these important patient and professional considerations.
- Features practical, step-by-step guidelines for pouching, irrigation, and other techniques.
- Provides review questions and answers to help evaluate learning and prepare for certification or recertification.
By Janice C. Colwell, RN, MS, CWOCN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois; Margaret T. Goldberg, RN, MSN, CWOCN, Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach, FL; and Jane E. Carmel, RN, MSN, CWOCN, Program Co-Director, Wicks Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Educational Program, Mechanicsburg, PA