Mosby's Handbook of Drug-Herb and Drug-Supplement Interactions
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
With an increasing number of patients combining herbal treatments with prescribed medications, reliable information on herb/supplement and pharmaceutical interactions is much needed. This portable reference is organized alphabetically by drug name and features an entry for each drug-herb/drug-supplement combination that has a proven interaction. Each entry is rated on a scale of 1 to 4 to show the severity of the interaction and includes information on related drugs, an interaction summary, a discussion of the interaction, management suggestions, and references. In addition to the core material, there are also several helpful appendices on interactions by herb or supplement, nutrient depletions, and drug-herb add-on depressant interactions.Table of Contents
- Evidence-based content includes the most up-to-date, current research on herb/supplement and pharmaceutical interactions.
- A unique rating scale uses scientific evidence to grade the level of interaction expected.
- References are included for each drug-herb/drug-supplement combination.
- A logical organization enables the reader to find information quickly.
- Several appendices provide information on interactions by herb or supplement, nutrient depletions, and drug-herb add-on depressant interactions.
Written by Richard Harkness, Pharm, CDM, FASCP; and Steven Bratman, MD; for HealthGate