The Johns Hopkins Manual of Cardiac Surgical Care, 2nd Edition
Mobile Medicine Series
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Thoroughly revised, this handy manual is filled with practical advice for the entire cardiac care team. It covers all aspects of care of the surgical heart patient—from preoperative assessment to postoperative management to treatment protocols.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- The latest details on coronary artery disease • fluid, electrolyte, and renal function • management of postoperative cardiac arrhythmias • mechanical devices • and postoperative myocardial ischemia enhance your clinical acumen.
- An updated appendix of Management Summaries keeps you current on the latest in care.
- New images and line drawings illuminate key steps to help you master every procedure.
- Chapters written by both nurses and doctors emphasize the critical care team approach to cardiac surgery to improve patient outcomes and provide useful, practical information for every clinical setting.
- A logical organization, including individual sections on preoperative, operative, and postoperative issue speeds to the information you need.
By John V. Conte, MD, Cardiac Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD; William A. Baumgartner, MD, The Vincent L. Gott Professor, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Cardiac Surgeon-in-Chief, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD; Todd Dorman, MD, FCCM, Critical Care Division, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD; and Sharon G. Owens, CRNP, PhD, Cardiac Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD