Mosby's Textbook for the Home Care Aide, 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to becoming a home care aide, this engaging text features a colorful design, a clear writing style, and an abundant use of photos, drawings, boxes, and tables. An ideal learning tool, this new edition introduces scenarios with a cast of four aides and a supervisor to help bring the text to life and to provide realistic examples of what the student can expect to encounter in practice. Preparing students to become valuable members of the home care team, this practical text highlights key considerations and reminders, as well as what to observe, report, and record.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Highlighted information on observing, recording, and reporting stresses the importance of these responsibilities.
- Key considerations and reminders are highlighted to emphasize their importance in proper job performance.
- A Cast of Characters, including a supervisor and four home care aides, is introduced and used in scenarios throughout the text, providing realistic and engaging examples of what to expect in practice.
- A new chapter, Learning About Home Care, introduces students to the subject and helps prepare them for what they can expect from their home care aide program.
- An attractive, full color design and a spacious, logical layout make the text easy to follow.
- Hundreds of full color photos and drawings visually present key ideas and clearly demonstrate procedure steps.
- Objectives and Key Terms help students focus on essential information to better prepare them to understand each chapter's content.
- Scenarios provide realistic examples of the types of situations that aides are likely to encounter in the home care environment.
- Procedures provide step-by-step, easy-to-understand instructions on performing important skills and tasks.
- Chapter summaries help students review key points presented in the chapter.
By Joan M Birchenall, RN, MEd, Trenton, New Jersey; and Eileen Streight, RN, BSN, Hamilton, New Jersey