Procedures for Primary Care Practitioners, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This easy to use handbook provides focused content for both basic and advanced procedures within the scope of practice for nurse practitioners. A succinct, yet practical reference, it teaches and illustrates a total of 77 common procedures performed by NPs and PAs. This second edition includes 30 new procedures and clear illustrations of the relevant anatomy and procedures. An indispensable resource for the primary care setting, it features a convenient spiral binding and a numbered list of procedures for quick clinical reference and easy double-checking.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An introductory chapter covers legal, educational, and reimbursement factors related to performing procedures.
- 30 new procedures include Suture Removal, Scabies and Herpes Scraping, Care of First and Second Degree Burns, Nail Avulsion, Animal and Human Bites, Audiometry, Peak Flow Meter, Treatment of Hemorrhoids, Ganglion Cyst Aspiration, and Incision and Draining of Bartholin Cysts.
- 6 new advanced procedures are highlighted with special icons.
- Additional content is included on tooth avulsion and dental procedures common in primary care practice.
- A new chapter on Genitourinary Procedures (Chapter 9) includes prostrate massage and self-injection treatment for impotence.
- An anatomy and pathophysiology review is featured in each chapter.
- More than 300 illustrations clearly demonstrate the steps of each procedure.
- Reimbursement information includes the relevant CPT codes.
- A generic sample patient education form is provided in an appendix.
- Comprehensive coverage is provided on the basic and advanced procedures performed by NPs and PAs in primary care practice.
- A consistent format offers easy access to information.
- Step-by-step numbered procedures are included for quick reference.
- Procedural and anatomical references are clearly illustrated.
- The spiral/lay flat binding allows users to easily refer to book in a clinical setting.
By Marilyn Winterton Edmunds, RN, PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing; Baltimore, Maryland.; and Maren Stewart Mayhew, MS, ANP/GNP, Nurse Practitioner, Private Practice, Bethesda, MD