Manual of Clinical Behavioral Medicine for Dogs and Cats
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The veterinarian’s reliable tool for helping clients resolve pet behavior problems! Written by well-known veterinary behavior specialist Dr. Karen Overall, this comprehensive resource explains the underlying causes of undesirable behaviors in dogs and cats and provides proven behavior modification techniques. A companion DVD offers five in-depth questionnaires to help you gather valuable information from clients, as well as 45 client instruction handouts and a 30-minute video demonstrating behavior modification techniques for clients to use with their pets. From digging and barking to biting and anxiety - and everything in between - Manual of Clinical Behavioral Medicine for Dogs and Cats has what you need to help clients manage their pets’ behavior issues and live with them in harmony.Table of Contents
- World-renowned author Dr. Karen Overall is a leading veterinary behavior specialist and a founding member of the board of clinical specialists, a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Behavior, certified by the Animal Behavior Society as an Applied Animal Behaviorist, and one of The Bark magazine’s 100 most influential people in the dog world.
- Companion DVD includes a 30-minute video of the author demonstrating techniques for correcting and preventing canine behavior problems, and provides handouts to assist the pet owner with behavioral modification techniques.
- Supplemental material includes 45 client handouts, 12 informed consent forms, and 5 questionnaires that help you zero in on the pet’s behavior.
- Hundreds of images illustrate important techniques and key concepts.
- Tables and boxes summarize key assessment information, behavioral cues, and pharmacologic management.