Clinical Procedures in Veterinary Nursing, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. The second edition of Clinical Procedures in Veterinary Nursing continues to provide a detailed ‘skills analysis’ of all the clinical procedures likely to be performed by a veterinary nurse in practice. Using its unique systematic approach, the book explains practical procedures used daily in veterinary practice, covering all aspects of a veterinary nurse’s tasks, concentrating on small animal procedures. Clearly illustrated, with accompanying text provided in an accessible action-rationale format, each procedure includes an explanation of the theory behind the action, thus linking the classroom with clinical practice. With many additional and updated procedures this new edition concurs with current standards and introduces the most modern techniques to the veterinary nurse.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully up-dated with additional procedures throughout
- Second colour increases ease of use and navigability
- New chapter "Preparing for the veterinary nursing exams"
- New practical layout ensures concise understanding of content by giving the rationale immediately after the action
- New photographs run alongside redrawn illustrations, making explanations even clearer
- Clear, step-by-step instructions are provided for each procedure
- A reference guide to best practice for both qualified and trainee veterinary nurses, veterinary technicians, diploma students and veterinary undergraduates
- Covers companion animals as well as exotic species
"This book is excellent and very interesting to read. As a student currently studying as a Veterinary Care Assistant I have found this book invaluable, not only does it talk to you through how to perform each procedures step by step, it also explains why you are doing each step. The diagrams are very good and each picture is explained in thorough detail.
This book is a must for anyone working with small animals. The animal handling and restraint chapter is useful for everyone, whether kennel staff or qualified nurse. It is well organised, very informative and useful for quickly revising a procedure that you are unsure of or maybe not carried out recently.
New to this edition is the chapter 'Preparing for the Nursing Exams' - this is a particularly helpful addition. The revision technique and preparing for the exam countdown, ensures that you can be as ready and organised as possible.
I would highly recommend this book as it is easy ro understand and extremely useful for revision and day to day life in practise."
- TP Times, January 2009
By Victoria Aspinall, BVSc, MRCVS, Principal of Veterinary Training, Abbeydale Training Centre, Abbeydale, Gloucester, UK