Practical Radiation Oncology
An official journal of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
The overarching mission of PRACTICAL RADIATION ONCOLOGY is to improve the quality of radiation oncology practice. The Journal's purpose is to document the state of current practice, providing background for those in training and continuing education for practitioners, through discussion and illustration of new techniques, evaluation of current practices, and publication of case reports. PRO will strive to provide its readers content that emphasizes knowledge "with a purpose."
The content of PRO includes:
- Articles that focus on imaging, contouring, target delineation, simulation, treatment planning, immobilization, organ motion, and other practical issues
- ASTRO guidelines, position papers, and consensus statements Invited commentaries
- "Quality Corner" section focusing on patient safety, quality measurement, or quality improvement initiatives
- Articles on the maintenance of certification process and practice quality improvement initiatives such as ASTRO's PAAROT program "Point/Counterpoint" section with opposing expert views on current topics and controversies
- Articles devoted to professionalism, biomedical ethics, and practice management
- Clinically oriented reviews of cancer biology
- Interesting case reports with pedagogical merit
PRO is the sister publication to the International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics. Click here to see which types of papers these journals typically accept. View all Oncology titles
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 18798500