Journal of Crohn's and Colitis
The Journal of Crohn's and Colitis is the official journal of the European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation (ECCO), and is concerned with the dissemination of knowledge on clinical, basic science and innovative methods related to inflammatory bowel diseases. The journal publishes original articles, review papers, editorials, leading articles, view points, case reports, innovative methods and letters to the editor. All submitted material is subject to a peer-review process. Supplemental issues of the journal are published under a separate title, Journal of Crohn's and Colitis Supplements.
Journal of Crohn's and Colitis is owned by the European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation (ECCO).
- Acceptance rate: 57% for papers submitted in 2013
- Frequency: 12 issues
- Impact Factor: 3.385
- Indexed by: Current Contents, EBSCOhost, EMBASE, Excerpta Medica, MEDLINE, Reactions Weekly, Science Citation Index Expanded, Scopus and Web of Science
- Launch date: 2007
- ISSN: 1873-9946
- Number of instant rejections: 9%
- Average time to first decision (= reviewers time): 22 days
- Average time from acceptance to online: 12.4 days
Average time to acceptance, see following table Editor decision Summary.
The following breakdown displays in percentages of manuscripts published per world region:
- Asia: 6%
- Australia: 2%
- Eastern Europe: 4%
- Central America: 0.7%
- Middle East: 7%
- South America: 0.7%
- North America: 20%
- Western Europe: 60%