Best Practice & Research: Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology
In practical paperback format, each 200 page topic-based issue of Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology will provide a comprehensive review of current clinical practice and thinking within the specialties of obstetrics and gynaecology.
All chapters are commissioned and written by an international team of practising clinicians with the Guest Editors for each issue
drawn from a pool of renowned experts and opinion leaders. Reference is made to:
All chapters take the form of practical, evidence-based reviews that seek to address key clinical issues of diagnosis, treatment and patient management.
Each issue follows a problem-orientated approach that focuses on the key questions to be addressed, clearly defining what is known and not known. Management will be described in practical terms so that it can be applied to the individual patient.
Boxed and bulleted Learning Objectives and Practice Points are features within each chapter and will highlight the core and essential knowledge that will help the physician to provide the best care to their patients.
The series' objective is to provide a continuous update for the busy clinician and researcher.
2012 Topics: Volume 26 Issues 1-6
1. Haematological disorders in obstetrics and gynaecology
2. Screening for gynaecological cancers
3. Microbicides in obstetrics and gynaecology
4. Fertility preservation in gynaecological cancer
A. Ilancheran and J. Low
5. Advances in fetal genetic diagnosis and therapy
A. Biswas and M. Choolani
6. Investigation and management of the infertile couple
P.C. Ho and E. Ng
2013 Topics: Volume 27 Issues 1-6
1. Clinical aspects of sexual violence
2. Caesarean section - current practice
3. Advances in gynaecological surgery
4. Risk management in obstetrics and gynaecology
5. Science of healthy aging
B. Lunenfeld and S. Arulkumaran
6. Critical illness in obstetrics
A. Rhodes and N. Arulkumaran