Applied Animal Behaviour Science
An international journal reporting on the application of ethology to animals managed by humans.
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This journal publishes relevant information on the behaviour of domesticated and utilized animals.
Topics covered include:
- Behaviour of farm, zoo and laboratory animals in relation to animal management and welfare
- Behaviour of companion animals in relation to behavioural problems, for example, in relation to the training of dogs for different purposes, in relation to behavioural problems
- Studies of the behaviour of wild animals when these studies are relevant from an applied perspective, for example in relation to wildlife management, pest management or nature conservation
- Methodological studies within relevant fields
The principal subjects are farm, companion and laboratory animals, including, of course, poultry. The journal also deals with the following animal subjects:
- Those involved in any farming system, e.g. deer, rabbits and fur-bearing animals
- Those in ANY form of confinement, e.g. zoos, safari parks and other forms of display
- Feral animals, and any animal species which impinge on farming operations, e.g. as causes of loss or damage
- Species used for hunting, recreation etc. may also be considered as acceptable subjects in some instances
- Laboratory animals, if the material relates to their behavioural requirements