Advances in Surgery®
Each year, Advances in Surgery brings you the best current thinking from the preeminent practitioners in your field. A distinguished editorial board identifies current areas of major progress and controversy and invites specialists to contribute original articles on these topics. These insightful overviews bring concepts to a clinical level and explore their everyday impact on patient care.
Volume 44 Highlights (coming Fall 2010)
- Does NSQIP Improve Surgical Quality?
- Endovascular Repair of Traumatic Aortic Injuries
- What Should be the Extent of Neck Dissection for Thyroid Cancer?
- Burnout Amongst U.S. Surgeons
- Which is Best? Laparoscopic Gastric
- Reoperative Surgery for the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Does the Type of Pancreaticojejunostomy After Whipple Alter the Leak Rate?
- Outcomes in Over 2000 Limb Revascularizations
- Ductal Anatomy Predicts Major Complications from Pancreatitis
- The Diagnosis of a Ruptured Appendix Preoperatively in the Pediatric Patient
- Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer: Who Benefits?
- Screening Criteria for Breast Cancer
- Detecting Leaks Following Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Impact of a Computerized Physician Order Entry System
- Real Time Glucose Monitoring? Future or Now?
- Update on Familial Pancreatic Cancer
- What's New in the ICU?
- Minimally Invasive Thyroid and Parathyroid Operations
- Impact of Future Liver Remnant Volume on Outcome Following Extended Right Hepatectomy
- The Impact of "Frailty" on the Outcome of Surgery In the Aged
- Cancer Survivorship - What Are the Long-Term Consequences?
- Role of Chemotherapy in Downstaging Metastases
- What's New in Neoadjuvant Therapy for Breast Cancer?
- Laparoscopic Esophagectomy
John L. Cameron
B. Mark Evers, Yuman Fong, David Herndon, Keith Lillemoe, John A. Mannick, John Wong, and Charles J. Yeo