Mayo Clinic Proceedings
A Peer-Reviewed Medical Journal Sponsored by Mayo Clinic and Authored by Physicians Worldwide
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
One of the premier peer-reviewed clinical journals in general and internal medicine, Mayo Clinic Proceedings is among the most widely read and highly cited scientific publications for physicians, with a circulation of approximately 125,000. While the Proceedings is sponsored by Mayo Clinic, it welcomes submissions from authors worldwide, publishing articles that focus on clinical medicine and support the professional and educational needs of its readers.
Continuously published since 1926, the Mayo Clinic Proceedings' content includes Nobel-prize-winning research. The Proceedings has an impact factor of 5.812, ranking it #11 out of 150 journals in the Medicine, General and Internal category. The Proceedings has increased its Impact Factor in 13 of the last 14 years.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings welcomes manuscripts that focus on clinical and laboratory medicine, health care policy and economics, medical education and ethics, and related topics:
- Each monthly issue presents approximately 15 individual articles and features, consisting of original research, reviews, clinical content, editorials, commentaries, brief reports, special articles, and other short items.
- Among unique articles are Concise Review for Clinicians, Residents' Clinics, and specially commissioned Symposia.
- My Treatment Approach articles present expert opinion on difficult clinical situations.
- Consensus Guidelines provide answers to questions not resolved in other published guidelines.
- The journal carries articles that offer free CME credit from Mayo Clinic.
- The Proceedings also offers substantial online-only content as well as supplemental material and videos directly related to individual articles.
For authors, the time from receipt of submission to first decision is usually 3 weeks and from acceptance to publication is 12 weeks. Mayo Clinic Proceedings' acceptance rate is approximately 20%, with more than 80% of manuscripts submitted by non-Mayo authors. For novel, time-sensitive research, an expedited review is available upon request and at the discretion of the Editorial Board.View all Internal Medicine titles