The American Journal of Surgery®
The American Journal of Surgery® is a peer-reviewed journal designed for the general surgeon who performs abdominal, cancer, vascular, head and neck, breast, colorectal, and other forms of surgery. AJS is the official journal of 7 major surgical societies* and publishes their official papers as well as independently submitted clinical studies, editorials, reviews, brief reports, correspondence and book reviews.
* The American Journal of Surgery® is the Official Publication of:
- The Southwestern Surgical Congress
- The North Pacific Surgical Association
- The Association for Surgical Education
- The Association of Women Surgeons
- Midwest Surgical Association
- The Society of Black Academic Surgeons (SBAS)
Benefits to authors
We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services.