Clinical Skills in Treating the Foot, 2nd Edition
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Invaluable support for anyone treating patients with foot disordersTable of Contents
New to This Edition
A textbook for podiatry students and others which looks at the treatment options for foot problems, how the appropriate selections should be made and how they should be incorporated into the management of the affected patient. The text is in 3 main sections: the essntial principles of managing foot disorders; methods for managing foot conditions; and the management of specific client groups.
- Written by an experienced team of clinicians who also understand the needs of students as well as practitioners
- Logical and clear structure makes it easy to use for both clinicians and students
- Each chapter is self-contained and can be used for independent reading topics
- Case histories and clinical comment sections illustrate important clinical points
- Key points and summaries provides assistance for learning and review
- Features approximately 400 illustrations
"This is a really useful book, with a clear and logical arrangement of chapters. It discusses the different treatments at the podiatrist's disposal, providing good diagrammatic and photographic illustration to aid understanding, as well as discussing treatments options for specific client groups and the factors that need to be considered.
I would recommend it to any undergraduate as a key text book, very readable and worth investing in."
Liz Perkins, University of Southampton
- Half of the contributors are new - more experienced clinicians than those used for the previous edition
- New chapter by new author on Clinical Governance (replacing old chapter of Audit and Outcome Measurement)
- Major revision by new authors of chapter on Treatment Planning to reflect new developments and changes in pracice
- Completely rewritten chapter by new authors on Clinical protocols
- Major revision by new author of the chapter on Foot health education and promotion
- Major rewrite with new author of the chapter on Pharmacology which will have expanded sections on topical and injected steroids and prescription medicines.
- Major revision by new authors of the chapter on Physical therapy
- New section on chairside devices in the chapter on Mechanical therapeutics in the clinic (new authors involved)
- Chapter on Prescription orthoses now replaced with new chapter by new authors on Prescription devices..
- Major rewrite by new author of the chapter on sports injuries
- New chapter on Managing tissue viability repaces the old chapter on the Management of foot ulcers and now incorporates the material previously covered in old appendices 1 and 2 on Management of exudation in ulcers and Footcare advice for people with diabetes.
By Warren Turner, BSc(Hons), DpodM, Head of School, Podiatry Department, University College Northampton, Park Campus, Northampton; and Linda M. Merriman, MPhil, DPodM, MCHS Cert, Associate Dean Postgraduate & External Affairs, School of Health & Social Sciences, Coventry University, Coventry, UK