Core Procedures in Plastic Surgery
Core Procedures in Plastic Surgery, edited by Drs. Peter C. Neligan and Donald W. Buck, II, is a one-of-a-kind medical reference book designed to help you master the 20 most in-demand operative techniques from Plastic Surgery, 3rd Edition - the definitive 6-volume masterwork in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Quick-access bulleted procedures, photos, and online videos provide the high-yield, highly visual guidance you need to perform these procedures confidently and achieve optimal outcomes. The result is a must-have for every plastic surgeon’s library!Table of Contents
- Master 20 essential plastic surgery procedures including open and closed rhinoplasty, abdominal wall reconstruction, expander/implant reconstruction of the breast (including latissimus dorsi technique), local flaps for facial coverage (including cheek and lip reconstruction), cleft lip and cleft palate repair, flexor tendon reconstructions, and more.
- Depend on the preeminent authority that has made Dr. Neligan’s Plastic Surgery, 3rd Edition the most trusted reference in plastic surgery.
- Review techniques quickly and easily thanks to a highly templated, bulleted format.
- See what to look for and how to proceed by viewing full-color photos throughout.
- Access the complete content and procedural videos online at Expert Consult.
"The book focuses on the most common procedures for the eyelids, face, nose, abdomen, breast, cleft lip, lower and upper extremities, tendons of the hand and upper extremity, nerve transfer, and local flaps for facial coverage. Procedures include both cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. Photographs, illustrations, and schematic diagrams are excellent. Pearls of wisdom dot the chapters, as do key concepts of anatomy, relevant techniques, and information about preoperative and postoperative care and unwanted complications. A scratch-off PIN allows readers access to a website where they can view various operative procedures. Unfortunately, they fall short of the excellent quality of the book's visuals and informative format.The techniques chosen for this book are, indeed, relevant to the day-to-day practice of plastic surgeons."-Jeffrey Rosenthal, MD(Bridgeport Hospital) Doody Review: 84/100
By Peter C. Neligan, MB, FRCS(I), FRCSC, FACS, Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
and Donald W Buck II, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, USA