Primary Care for the Physical Therapist - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Specifically designed to address the expanding role of physical therapists in primary care, the second edition of Primary Care for the Physical Therapist: Examination and Triage provides the information you need to become an effective primary care provider. Acquire the communication and differential diagnosis skills, technical expertise, and clinical decision-making ability to meet the challenges of a changing profession with this unparalleled resource.
New to This Edition
- New information enhances your understanding of the foundations of practice and how to screen and examine the healthy population.
- Content is reorganized and updated to reflect the current state of PT practice.
- Companion Evolve resources website enables you to independently review techniques from the text.
- Top 10 Medical Conditions to Screen For chapter details conditions that have major significance in incidence, mortality, and morbidity all in one place.
- Separate chapters on upper and lower quarter screening and a new chapter on symptom investigation by symptom help you screen medical conditions more effectively.
- Emphasizes communication skills vital for establishing rapport and gathering data.
- Patient interview guides identify what data to collect and how to use it.
- Overview of the physical examination lays the foundation for different diagnosis and recognition of conditions.
- A section on Special Populations equips the PT to handle common problems encountered in primary care.
- Unique approach details pharmacology and diagnostic procedures from a PT perspective for clinically relevant guidance.
By William G. Boissonnault, PT, DPT DHSc, FAAOMPT, FAPTA, Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Program in Physical Therapy, Madison, WI; Assistant Professor, University of St. Augustine Center of Health Sciences, St. Augustine, FL; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Tennessee-Memphis College of Allied Health Sciences, Memphis, TN; Adjunct Faculty, Massachusetts General Hospital, Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA; Instructor, Krannert Graduate School of Physical Therapy, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN