Postsurgical Orthopedic Sports Rehabilitation - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$100.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Written by well-known experts in a reader-friendly style, this is the only book to focus specifically on post-surgical guidelines for successful rehabilitation of the knee and shoulder for sports patients. Content covers basic concepts related to soft tissue healing, as well as core concepts in sports medicine rehabilitation, all of which lay the groundwork for discussions of specific protocols. Detailed descriptions of the latest post-surgical procedures for various knee and shoulder pathologies equip readers with essential knowledge needed to recommend the most effective treatment plans. Includes a separate section on multiple ligament knee injuries.
- Numerous photos and radiographs of topics discussed in the text serve as excellent visual references in the clinical setting.
- Detailed descriptions of the most current surgical protocols for various knee and shoulder pathologies help readers recommend the best treatment based on proven rehabilitation plans.
- The inflammatory response is described, with regard to its role in soft tissue healing following surgical procedures of the knee and shoulder.
- Protocols based on the most recent research available promotes evidence-based practice.
- A chapter on rotator cuff injuries includes authoritative, up-to-date information on this topic.
- A chapter on cartilage replacement focuses on the "nuts and bolts" of rehabilitation for this common injury, offering current, hands-on information about one of the fastest changing treatment protocols.
- Contributors are expert therapists and physicians - respected leaders in their field.
- Each chapter highlights post-op guidelines and protocols in a consistent format that's immediately accessible and easy to reference.
- Comprehensive information on soft tissue healing is presented.
- A separate section on multiple ligament knee injuries presents hard-to-find information that's rarely covered in other resources or literature.
By Robert C. Manske, PT, DPT, SCS, MEd, ATC, CSCS , Professor and Chair
Department of Physical Therapy
Wichita State University Via Christi Orthopedic and Sports Therapy