Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 6th Edition
Newly updated, this full-color text offers a rich array of features to help you develop your musculoskeletal assessment skills. Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 6th Edition provides rationales for various aspects of assessment and covers every joint of the body, as well as specific topics including principles of assessment, gait, posture, the head and face, the amputee, primary care, and emergency sports assessment. Artwork and photos with detailed descriptions of assessments clearly demonstrate assessment methods, tests, and causes of pathology. The text also comes with an array of online learning tools, including video clips demonstrating assessment tests, assessment forms, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Online resources include video clips, assessment forms, text references with links to MEDLINE® abstracts, and more.
- NEW! Video clips demonstrate selected movements and the performance of tests used in musculoskeletal assessment.
- NEW! Text references linked to MEDLINE abstracts provide easy access to abstracts of journal articles for further review.
- NEW! Forms from the text with printable patient assessment forms can be downloaded for ease of use.
- NEW! Updated information in all chapters includes new photos, line drawings, boxes, and tables.
- NEW! Icons indicate the clinical and statistical significance of special tests on the Evolve companion website, supplemented by evidence-based reliability and validity tables for tests and techniques.
- Thorough, evidence-based review of orthopedic physical assessment covers everything from basic science through clinical applications and special tests.
- 2,400 illustrations include full-color clinical photographs and drawings as well as radiographs, depicting key concepts along with assessment techniques and special tests.
- The latest research and most current practices keep you up to date on accepted practices.
- Evidence-based reliability and validity tables for tests and techniques at the end of each chapter provide information on the diagnostic strength of each test and help you in selecting proven assessment tests.
- A Summary (Précis) of Assessment at the end of each chapter serves as a quick review of assessment steps for the structure or joint being assessed.
- Quick-reference data includes hundreds of at-a-glance summary boxes, red-flag and yellow-flag boxes, differential diagnosis tables, muscle and nerve tables, and classification, normal values, and grading tables.
- Case studies use real-world scenarios to help you develop assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Combined with other books in the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation series - Pathology and Intervention, Scientific Foundations and Principles of Practice, and Athletic and Sport Issues - this book provides the clinician with the knowledge and background necessary to assess and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
By David J. Magee, PhD, BPT, Professor and Associate Dean, Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada