Maitland's Vertebral Manipulation, Volume 1, 8e and Maitland's Peripheral Manipulation, Volume 2, 5e (2-Volume Set)
Management of Musculoskeletal Disorders - Volumes 1 & 2
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This 2-volume set brings together 2 classic texts on Maitland's manipulative therapy concept, making it the most definitive guide to managing musculoskeletal disorders for all body and joint regions.
The legacy of Geoff Maitland and his seminal work continues in these new editions, with Elly Hengeveld and Kevin Banks leading an international team of experts who demonstrate how to manage neuromusculoskeletal disorders using the principles and practice of the Maitland Concept. Together, they ensure the heart of the Concept beats on by promoting collaborative decision-making with the patient at centre and emphasizing the art and science of observation, listening, palpation and movement skills.
The companion website - Maitland’s Manipulation eResources (www.maitlandsresources.com) - providing access to a range of valuable learning materials which include videos, MCQs, interactive case studies, research links, and bonus chapters. Together with the set, this becomes a complete learning tool for all those wanting to practice Maitland's Concept.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Expert perspectives and supporting evidence
- Case studies
- Companion website - www.maitlandsresources.com - containing:
- Video Bank of over 480 video clips showing examination and treatment techniques
- Image Bank of over 1,000 illustrations
- Interactive case studies
- Over 200 MCQs
- Bonus chapters on additional principles and techniques of examination / treatment
- Weblink references to abstracts
- World-leading experts provide evidence relating the Maitland Concept to clinical practice
- Evidence supporting practice
- Covers both subjective and physical examination
- Best practice management using mobilization and manipulation
- Case studies - how and when to integrate the Maitland Concept into clinical practice
- Chapter-based learning outcomes, keywords and glossaries
- Companion website - Maitland’s Manipulation eResources (www.maitlandsresources.com)
Edited by Elly Hengeveld, MSc, BPT, OMT, SVOMP, Senior Teacher, International Maitland Teachers' Association, Oberentfelden, Switzerland and Kevin Banks, BA, MCSP, SRP, IMTA Member, Chartered Physiotherapist, Rotherham Primary Care NHS Trust, UK