Introduction to Research in the Health Sciences, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This popular textbook provides a concise, but comprehensive, overview of health research as an integrated, problem-solving process. It bridges the gap between health research methods and evidence-based clinical practice, making it an essential tool for students embarking on research. Practitioners also benefit from guidance on interpreting the ever-expanding published research in clinical and scientific journals, to ensure their practice is up to date and evidence-based and to help patients understand information obtained online.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Multiple choice questions
- True or false questions
- Crosswords … and more.
Online interactive self-assessment tests, including:
- Uses simple language and demystifies research jargon
- Covers both quantitative and qualitative research methodology, taking a very practical approach
- Gives examples directly related to the health sciences.
- Each chapter contains a self-assessment test to that the reader can sure they know all the important points.
- Provides an extensive glossary for better understanding of the language of research.
By Stephen Polgar, BSc(Hons), MSc, School of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia and Shane A. Thomas, DipPubPol, PhD, MAPS, Professor and Director of Primary Care Research, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences Monash University, Melbourne, Australia