Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$92.95|
|Print - Paperback||$92.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Following the standards for competency established by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) related to conducting a screening examination, Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists, 5th Edition gives you a consistent way to screen for systemic diseases and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems. This comprehensive text centers on a 5-step screening model that covers past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms for each client.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Full-color design, photos, and illustrations clearly demonstrate pathologies and processes.
- NEW and UPDATED! Evolve resources include printable screening tools and checklists, practice test questions, and more to enhance your learning.
- NEW! Hot topics keep you informed on rehabbing patients in the dawn or more current surgeries.
- 5-Step screening model for differential diagnosis includes past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms.
- Systems-based approach to the physical therapy screening interview provides a consistent way to screen for systemic disease and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems.
- Three sections of content present material in a logical way that covers:
- An introduction to the screening process
- Viscerogenic causes of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- System origins of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- Cognitive processing and reasoning orientation approach encourages you to gather and analyze data, pose and solve problems, infer, hypothesize, and make clinical judgments.
- Case examples and case studies give real-world examples of hot to integrate screening information into the diagnosis process.
- Screening tools in the book and on the Evolve companion website feature forms and checklists used in professional practice.
- Introductory information on medical screening concepts set the stage for how screening is presented in the rest of the book.
- Reference values for common clinical laboratory tests offer easy access to pertinent information references in a screening exam.
- Red flag histories, risk factors, clinical presentation, signs and symptoms, helpful screening clues, and guidelines for referral bring your attention to the important information a therapist needs to be aware of during the screening process.
By Catherine C. Goodman, MBA, PT, CBP, Medical Multimedia Group, Faculty Affiliate, University of Montana, Missoula, MT and Teresa Kelly Snyder, MN, RN, OCN, CS, Clinical Specialist in Medical-Surgical Nursing, Associate Professor of Nursing, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT