Sterile Processing for Pharmacy Technicians
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$48.95|
Covering aseptic technique and how to prepare sterile products, Sterile Processing for Pharmacy Technicians ensures safety, accuracy, and correctness of medications. Reflecting American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) competencies, this comprehensive book provides principles and guidelines, laboratory exercises, and hands-on practice with actual institutional orders. Written by expert pharmacy technician educator Karen Davis, Sterile Processing for Pharmacy Technicians also provides checklists that map to ASHP competencies!Table of Contents
- Complete coverage of USP <797> guidelines, basic aseptic manipulations, and working with IVs prepares you for institutional externships and for practice.
- Unique! ASHP competency checklists allow accurate documentation of competencies.
- Lab activities allow you to perform basic, hands-on aseptic manipulations in the lab.
- Tech Notes provide hints that you can use on the job.
- Tech Alerts provide safety warnings and help you avoid common errors.
- Guidelines and objectives are consistent with the ASHP Model Curriculum for Technician Training.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website help you review and apply what you have learned with quizzes, syringe calculations, and critical thinking exercises.