Pharmacy Practice Today for the Pharmacy Technician
Career Training for the Pharmacy Technician
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$71.95|
Covering everything from certification exam review to key skills, Pharmacy Practice for Today’s Pharmacy Technician: Career Training for the Pharmacy Technician covers all of the knowledge needed by pharmacy technicians to provide exemplary patient care and build a successful career. It describes the role of the pharmacy technician in different practice settings, including the key tasks and skills set required to work in a community pharmacy, institutional pharmacy, or home health and long-term care/hospice care, then adds a road map taking you through certification, the job search, interviewing, and continuing education. Written by pharmacy technician educator and expert LiAnne Webster, this comprehensive text prepares you to succeed in this rapidly growing field.Table of Contents
- In-depth coverage of medication safety and error prevention includes recent recommendations and actions taken by the Institute of Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) and The Joint Commission.
- Content on intercultural competence addresses the changing demographics in our society.
- A student journal on the Evolve companion website makes it easy to submit journal entries relating to your coursework and during externship rotations.
- Review questions and critical thinking exercises are included at the end of each chapter.
- Tech Notes provide practical, on-the-job hints.
- Tech Alerts focus on warnings to watch for and avoiding common errors.