Pharmacy Management Software for Pharmacy Technicians: A Worktext, 2nd Edition
Gain a head start on your career as a pharmacy technician with Pharmacy Management Software for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition. This innovative software/worktext package incorporates the full version of real pharmacy management software to give you hands-on training performing the day-to-day tasks of a pharmacy technician just as you will on the job. Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions guide you through entering patient data, prescription/medication orders, and insurance information, reviewing inventory, and more, enabling you to acquire the skills and experience for professional success before you leave the classroom!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Enhanced institutional pharmacy coverage provides additional practice in:
- Extemporaneous compounding
- Total parenteral nutrition
- IV label preparation
- UNIQUE! Lab tips help you perform tasks more efficiently.
- Convenient new design incorporates full-color software screenshots, perforated pages, and a spiral binding to help you easily find and apply information.
- UNIQUE! Full version of DAA Enterprises' Visual Superscript pharmacy management software reflects the software programs you'll encounter in the workforce and enables you to work through realistic practice scenarios. Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
- UNIQUE! Fully functional patient record database corresponds to worktext exercises to provide realistic practice:
- Adding new patients
- Determining possible adverse reactions
- Filling and refilling prescriptions
- Examining a patient's prescription history
- Identifying potential allergic reactions to drug ingredients
- And more
- Worktext activities and case studies walk you through essential pharmacy tasks just as you'll perform them on the job.
- Detailed screenshots guide you through the pharmacy management software.
- Study tools on the companion Evolve website provide technical support, laboratory tips, and additional practice.