Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$77.95|
|Print - Paperback||$77.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Organized to provide an in-depth review of the ASHP content requirements for pharmacology and anatomy and physiology, Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition is comprehensive, yet approachable. It offers complete coverage of body systems structure to correspond to the way pharmacology is taught in most programs, as well as patient scenarios, anatomy and physiology refreshers, drug monographs with pill photos, and a number of learning aids.
New to This Edition
- Updated drug information ensures you are familiar with the latest drug approvals and therapeutic considerations.
- Additional learning resources on the companion Evolve website include:
- Certification practice exam to better prepare you for the PTCB or ExCPT exam.
- More recall exercises and games to help you retain complex information.
- Overviews of anatomy and physiology at the beginning of each body system unit provide a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology to help you understand how drugs work in the body.
- Mini drug monographs in every body system and drug classification chapter contain valuable drug information and pill photos for quick reference.
- Summary drug tables with generic/brand name, usual dose and dosing schedule, and warning labels offer at-a-glance access to information about specific drugs.
- Helpful Tech Notes enhance your understanding of the practical knowledge needed in the pharmacy setting and help you relate new concepts to practical use.
- Tech Alerts offer critical reminders and warnings to help you learn to identify and avoid common pharmacy errors.
- Technician's Corner critical thinking exercises prepare you for on-the-job situations by providing a set of facts and asking you to reach a conclusion.
By Kathy Moscou, RPh, MPH, BSc(Pharm), Research Officer, Faculty of Health, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Former Director, Pharmacy Technician Program (1989-2006), North Seattle Community College, WA