Study Guide for Pharmacology, 8th Edition
A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Corresponding to the chapters in Kee's Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 8th Edition, this study guide offers practical activities to help you review and remember essential nursing pharmacology. Hands-on exercises include study questions, case studies, and NCLEX® review questions, making it easier to apply your knowledge to clinical practice and develop clinical reasoning skills.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects the changes to Kee's Pharmacology textbook.
- NEW! Case study questions focus on developing your clinical reasoning skills.
- NEW! Rationales are added to the answer key for selected application-level questions and case study questions.
- NEW safety icons emphasize the nurse's role in patient safety.
- NEW! Case studies now feature open-ended questions to promote development of clinical reasoning skills.
- NCLEX® review questions in each chapter include application-level questions and alternate-item format questions.
- Case studies enhance your understanding of nursing responsibilities in therapeutic pharmacology.
- Medications and Calculations chapter offers additional opportunities to test your knowledge and skill in drug dosage calculation.
- 75 sample drug labels familiarize you with the real labels you will see in clinical practice.
- Answers for all exercises are provided at the back of the book to make studying easier.
- Study questions are provided in formats including matching, completion, and crossword puzzles.
By Joyce LeFever Kee, MS, RN, Associate Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware; Evelyn R. Hayes, PhD, MPH, FNP-BC, Professor, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware and Linda E. McCuistion, PhD, RN, ANP, CNS, Professor, South University, Richmond Campus, Glen Allen, Virginia