Study Guide for Pharmacology, 8th Edition
A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach
Corresponding to the chapters in Kee’s Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 8th Edition, this study guide offers practical activities to help you review and remember essential nursing pharmacology. Hands-on exercises include study questions, case studies, and NCLEX® review questions, making it easier to apply your knowledge to clinical practice and develop clinical reasoning skills.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects the changes to Kee’s Pharmacology textbook.
- NEW! Case study questions focus on developing your clinical reasoning skills.
- NEW! Rationales are added to the answer key for selected application-level questions and case study questions.
- NEW safety icons emphasize the nurse‘s role in patient safety.
- NEW! Case studies now feature open-ended questions to promote development of clinical reasoning skills.
- NCLEX® review questions in each chapter include application-level questions and alternate-item format questions.
- Case studies enhance your understanding of nursing responsibilities in therapeutic pharmacology.
- Medications and Calculations chapter offers additional opportunities to test your knowledge and skill in drug dosage calculation.
- 75 sample drug labels familiarize you with the real labels you will see in clinical practice.
- Answers for all exercises are provided at the back of the book to make studying easier.
- Study questions are provided in formats including matching, completion, and crossword puzzles.
By Linda E. McCuistion, PhD, RN, ANP, CNS, Professor, South University, Richmond Campus, Glen Allen, Virginia; Joyce LeFever Kee, MS, RN, Associate Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware and Evelyn R. Hayes, PhD, MPH, FNP-BC, Professor, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware