Pharmacotherapeutics - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$135.00|
|Print - Hardback||$142.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. PHARMACOTHERAPEUTICS: CLINICAL REASONING IN PRIMARY CARE, 2nd Edition, features a unique clinical reasoning format that provides both the content knowledge and the clinical reasoning skills you'll need to become an expert prescriber. This in-depth book has been thoroughly revised, updated, and reviewed from cover to cover by a multidisciplinary panel of nurse practitioners and physician's assistants. Clinical Alerts throughout the text point out potential medication safety risks, and new Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy.
New to This Edition
- Emphasis on clinical decision-making has been retained and refocused on clinical reasoning in this edition.
- Case Studies (48 total) feature a treatment plan and a unique Clinical Reasoning Analysis section in which an expert prescriber reflects on the factors that led to a particular drug choice for a patient situation.
- UNIQUE! Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy and feature a research article, the purpose, design, methods, findings, and conclusions of the study, and implications for practice.
- Clinical Alerts throughout the text alert the prescriber to potential medication safety risks and other key drug information.
- New chapters on poisonings, drugs used for migraines, and drugs for bladder, prostate, and erectile dysfunction address important new developments in pharmacotherapeutics.
- Unique clinical reasoning format teaches you not only the drug content but also how to use that knowledge in prescribing.
- Pharmacokinetics tables summarize how drugs work within the body after administration.
- UNIQUE! Controversy boxes address current issues in pharmacology from various viewpoints while challenging you to formulate your own opinions and stay current on ethical, legal, and practical issues in pharmacotherapuetics.
- Drug interaction tables provide indispensable drug interaction information to help ensure safe pharmacotherapy.
- Dosage regimen tables give you an overview of adult and pediatric dosage guidelines.
By Kathleen Gutierrez, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, CNS-BC, Independent Practice, Littleton, CO; Associate Professor School of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO