Mosby's Pharmacology Memory NoteCards, 4th Edition
Visual, Mnemonic, and Memory Aids for Nurses
Use this set of colorful cards to master pharmacology! With over 90 cartoons covering drugs and related topics, Mosby's Pharmacology Memory NoteCards: Visual, Mnemonic, and Memory Aids for Nurses, 4th Edition uses humor and illustrations to make studying easier and more fun. These durable, portable cards use mnemonics and other time-tested learning aids to help you prepare for class, clinicals, and the NCLEX® examination. Created by nursing educators JoAnn Zerwekh and Jo Carol Claborn, this unique tool may be used as either a spiral-bound notebook or as individual flashcards. It makes studying pharmacology a memorable experience!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW coverage highlights contemporary and timely topics on pharmacology - all in one clinical tool.
NEW! 8 brand-new cards focus on antiemetics, sunscreens, prostaglandins, acetaminophen, and more.
- UNIQUE! Color-highlighted monographs make it easier to identify nursing priorities on common medications.
- UNIQUE! Mnemonics and other time-tested memory aids help you grasp and remember even the most complex concepts.
- Thick pages and a spiral-bound format create a portable tool that is durable enough for the clinical environment.
- Colored thumb tabs at the bottom of the page allow you to find topics quickly.
- What You Need to Know sections on each card cover key information in a quick and easy-to-review format.
- Colored highlights in the What You Need to Know sections emphasize four central topics:
- Serious/Life-Threatening Implications in pink
- Most Frequent Side Effects are blue
- Important Nursing Implications are yellow
- Patient Teaching information is green
UNIQUE! Over 90 full-color cartoons offer humorous and memorable presentations of key drugs.
Mosby's Pharmacology Memory NoteCards: Visual, Mnemonic, and Memory Aids for Nurses, 3rd Edition is a colorfully illustrated collection of spiral-bound cards that brings together the difficult drugs and topics related to pharmacology into one portable volume. Using a wide variety of learning aids, humor, illustrations, and mnemonics, this valuable tool helps your nursing students master pharmacology in class, in clinicals, and in preparation for the NCLEX® examination. Specific topics include: administration, antibiotics/antivirals, anticoagulants, cardiac drugs, CNS drugs, diuretics, endocrine drugs, GI drugs, musculoskeletal drugs, pain drugs, psychiatric drugs, pulmonary drugs, and reproductive/OB drugs.
By JoAnn Zerwekh, MSN, EdD, RN, President/CEO, Nursing Education Consultants, Chandler, AZ; Nursing Faculty - Online Campus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ and Jo Carol Claborn, MS, RN, Nurse Educator, Seymour, Texas